What you will do at Neocrym
- Search the Internet using our proprietary technology for high-potential songs, artists, and producers.
- Represent Neocrym in negotiations with artists and their teams.
- Persuade artists to sign with Neocrym.
- Organize recording and songwriting sessions with artists.
- Find tracks, samples, and hooks to help complete or improve artists' projects.
- Work with artists, marketers, creative directors, and publicists on marketing campaigns for artists' next projects.
- The ability to gain the trust and respect of artists--and the ability to convince them that Neocrym can be their home for the next step of their career.
- An understanding of how to complete a major recording project--coordinating the efforts of rappers, songwriters, producers, featured artists, session musicians, and more.
- Experience with Digital Audio Workstations (DAWs) like FL Studio and Ableton Live.
- Familiarity with music theory.
- Past experience in artist management, music marketing, music supervision, sync licensing, music publishing, or at a record label.
- This role is fully remote, but may require occasional (expensed) travel to major US cities such as New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Atlanta, and Chicago.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Compensation at Neocrym comes in the form of:
- A salary
- A restricted stock grant on a four-year vesting schedule with a one-year cliff. Neocrym is proud to offer significantly more stock than comparable startups.
- Annual bonuses paid as additional annual stock grants.
Things we don't care about
- College degrees. We recognize that brilliant people often don't take the conventional path through academia.
- Years of experience. We look at job candidates based on their skills and accomplishments,
- Brand-name former employers. We recognize that some of the best people in the industry work at companies that are not very well-known, and that a history of accomplishments matters more than the corporate logos on one's LinkedIn profile.
- Irrelevant biographical characteristics. Neocrym is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of arrest and conviction records, in pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar regulations.
How to apply
Send an email with an attached résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find more job listings on the main Careers page.