We are looking for a backend engineer to help us build a marketplace between artists and music licensees.
Neocrym is a record label that uses artificial intelligence to find and promote the world's greatest musicians. Learn more about Neocrym at neocrym.com.
What you will do at Neocrym
- Build distributed web crawlers to search the Internet for artists.
- Build the backend for new audio tools.
- Familiarity with the basics of designing distributed systems--load balancing, consistent hashing, the CAP theorem, etc.
- Familiarity with building applications capable of highly-concurrent, asynchronous I/O--using event loops to maintain thousands of network connections at once.
- An ability to recognize and prevent common security vulnerabilities, such as the OWASP Top Ten.
- Experience with DevOps tools like Docker, Ansible, and Terraform.
- Experience writing high-performance SQL queries--using tools like subqueries, Common Table Expressions (CTEs), and window functions.
- This role is fully remote, but may require occasional (expensed) travel to major US cities such as New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Atlanta, and Chicago.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Compensation at Neocrym comes in the form of:
- A modest salary.
- A LARGE restricted stock grant on a four-year vesting schedule with a one-year cliff.
- Annual bonuses paid in stock.
Neocrym is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of arrest and conviction records, in pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar regulations.
How to apply
Send an email with an attached résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.