What you will do at Neocrym
- Develop machine learning models that are classifiers or regressors for finding music that has a strong potential for commercial success.
- Develop machine learning models that can generate music or augment human-created music to a superior production quality.
- Analyze why various machine learning models are not as accurate as they could be.
- Familiarity with the mathematics of convolutional and recurrent neural networks--including loss functions, gradient-based optimizers, batch normalization, regularization, and attention mechanisms.
- Familiarity with audio fingerprinting and feature engineering techniques, such as the Short-time Fourier Transform, Mel spectrograms, and Chromaprint.
- Experience in Python, including experience with creating CPython extensions in C, C++, Cython, or Rust.
- Experience with building and debugging TensorFlow code.
- Experience in training large neural networks on terabyte-scale datasets--managing efficient distributed training and hyperparameter optimization.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services.
- Experience with DevOps tools like Docker, Ansible, and Terraform.
- Experience writing high-performance SQL queries--using tools like subqueries, Common Table Expressions (CTEs), and window functions.
- Experience with a dataframe manipulation library like Pandas, Spark DataFrame, or Dask DataFrame.
- This role is fully remote, but may require occasional (expensed) travel to major US cities such as New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Atlanta, and Chicago.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Compensation at Neocrym comes in the form of:
- A salary
- A restricted stock grant on a four-year vesting schedule with a one-year cliff. Neocrym is proud to offer significantly more stock than comparable startups.
- Annual bonuses paid as additional annual stock grants.
Things we don't care about
- College degrees. We recognize that brilliant people often don't take the conventional path through academia.
- Years of experience. We look at job candidates based on their skills and accomplishments,
- Brand-name former employers. We recognize that some of the best people in the industry work at companies that are not very well-known, and that a history of accomplishments matters more than the corporate logos on one's LinkedIn profile.
- Irrelevant biographical characteristics. Neocrym is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of arrest and conviction records, in pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar regulations.
How to apply
Send an email with an attached résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find more job listings on the main Careers page.