We are looking for a machine learning engineer to help understand music and to build tools to help make better music.
Neocrym is a record label that uses artificial intelligence to find and promote the world's greatest musicians. Learn more about Neocrym at neocrym.com.
What you will do at Neocrym
- Develop machine learning models for predicting a song's commercial success.
- Develop music generation models.
- Perform error analysis for existing machine learning models.
- Familiarity with the mathematics of machine learning--including loss functions, gradient-based optimizers, regularization, and attention mechanisms.
- Familiarity with techniques for audio fingerprinting and feature engineering--such as the Short-time Fourier Transform, Mel spectrograms, and Chromaprint.
- Experience in Python, including experience with creating CPython extensions in C, C++, Cython, or Rust.
- Experience with building and debugging TensorFlow code.
- Experience in training large neural networks on terabyte-scale datasets--managing efficient distributed training and hyperparameter optimization.
- Experience with DevOps tools like Docker, Ansible, and Terraform.
- Experience writing high-performance SQL queries--using tools like subqueries, Common Table Expressions (CTEs), and window functions.
- Experience with a dataframe library like Pandas, Spark DataFrame, or Dask DataFrame.
- This role is fully remote, but may require occasional (expensed) travel to major US cities such as New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Atlanta, and Chicago.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Compensation at Neocrym comes in the form of:
- A modest salary.
- A LARGE restricted stock grant on a four-year vesting schedule with a one-year cliff.
- Annual bonuses paid in stock.
Neocrym is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of arrest and conviction records, in pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar regulations.
How to apply
Send an email with an attached résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.