We are looking for a software engineer with the skills to help us build new technologies using real-time audio.
Neocrym is a record label that uses artificial intelligence to find and promote the world's greatest musicians. Learn more about Neocrym at neocrym.com.
What you will do at Neocrym
- Developing tools in Rust for real-time audio manipulation.
- Optimize existing projects, such as open source encoder and decoder implementations for various audio codecs.
- New feature development and bugfixes for Neocrym's existing open source audio projects, such as Babycat.
- Familiarity with any systems programming language commonly used to build audio systems--such as C, C++, and/or Rust.
- A basic understanding of how audio is encoded, decoded, streamed, and manipulated.
- Past experience with developing VST and other digital audio workstation plugins.
- Past experience with building audio editors, audio players, streaming servers, encoders, and decoders.
- Familiarity with audio feature engineering techniques, such as the Short-time Fourier transform (STFT) and the Mel spectrogram.
- This role is fully remote, but may require occasional (expensed) travel to major US cities such as New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Atlanta, and Chicago.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Compensation at Neocrym comes in the form of:
- A modest salary.
- A LARGE restricted stock grant on a four-year vesting schedule with a one-year cliff.
- Annual bonuses paid in stock.
Neocrym is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of arrest and conviction records, in pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar regulations.
How to apply
Send an email with an attached résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.